Important factors to consider for your Florida wedding
Getting a tent for your wedding might seem like a clear decision or it may have never crossed your mind. Either way, at OWPR, we have some strong opinions about the importance of tents. We have 10 years of expertise in dealing with outdoor weddings. These experiences have led us to see the good, the bad and the ugly. With that being said, we are altogether pro-tent.
And so, here are four compelling reasons why you should consider a tent for your wedding day:
We live in Florida.
- Outdoor weddings are stunning and provide a distinct atmosphere compared to an indoor wedding. With that being said, Florida is known for its warm… well let’s be honest, hot weather. A tent can provide barrier from the direct sunlight. This elegant shelter keeps it cool, without tragically changing everything you’ve imagined for your wedding day. Consider adding on cooling units and fans to provide relief for those dog days of summer.
YEAH, it’s Florida.
- We all know the weather is unpredictable here in the Sunshine state. We’ve seen it a million times: a perfect day turns quickly into monsoon season without warning. If you’re superstitious, rain on your wedding day is great! But, if not everyone feels like singing in the rain.. Keeping a tent on the rental back-burner may just save you and your guests from a fortuitous downpour.
They create a happy medium.
- If you’ve been on Pinterest recently, you’ve seen the hot trends: dangling greenery/florals, hanging lights/chandeliers, and swooped drapery. They’re usually limited to use in an indoor space. With a tent, these mostly indoor decor items become possible outdoors! Tents create the perfect happy medium between an indoor and an outdoor space.
They’re a perfect backdrop!
- We may be biased, but we think tents are a stunning addition to a wedding. If you’re excited for all the wedding photos then you should know that tents are extremely photogenic. Take a look in our product photo gallery to see how people, furniture and decor all come alive under the big-top.
Yes, there are a million pinterest-y (yup, that’s an adjective around here) decor items to turn your tent into a dream. Here are some handy-dandy items we believe make a tent a TEN outta ten.
- Chandeliers and market lights add some necessary luminosity to the night.
- Portable cooling units and Outdoor space heaters keep your tent at a comfortable temperature.
- Restroom trailers that are equipped with all of the comforts of home. Private residences and some outdoor venues don’t always have the necessary facilities to conduct a lot of business.
- Tent flooring can give your Jimmy Choo’s some stability that even Miranda Priestly would approve of.
Featured Vendors: Rebecca Read Photography, Bramble Tree Estate, Rudy & Marta Photography, Photo Guy Oh My, Cocktails Catering, Blue Ribbon Weddings, Anna Christine Events, Flower No. 5, Get Lit Productions, Arthur’s Catering, Blast Productions, Party Flavor Custom Cakes, Tara Libby Photography, At Last Weddings, Dazzling Deco, Photobooth Rocks, Casa Feliz, Peddles Florist, Classern String Quartet, Sprinkles Custom Cakes, M.U.A.H. Makeup and Hair, Treasury Rentals
7 Tips to Make Your Next Corporate Bash A Success!
Featured: Clear Tent
Corporate events are becoming more & more essential to a company’s marketing strategy. When done right, they help spread the word about a business and how it treats/rewards its customers & its employees. Whether you’re throwing a fundraiser, company shindig, or private party, we have some tips to simplify the planning process!
•Identify the “What”•
-Establish what you’re wanting to achieve at the event. Whether it be to raise funds or launch a new product, setting these goals ahead of time can help you decide on a budget, not to mention, a venue. Knowing what you want to spend allows you to decide what elements are most important to you, for instance, do you want a guest speaker? Do you want the latest technology? Answering these questions early allows for safe and easy planning!
•Choose the “Where”•
-Select a venue that reflects your goals! The new club in town may seem hip & trendy but if you’re trying to host an event to educate employees, a club might not be the best choice. Once your venue is set, everything else can fall in to place! We recommend choosing a venue as soon as you know what you’re willing to spend. Check out our blog on Downtown Orlando venues for inspiration!
•Make a Plan; Establish the “How”•
–How are you going to make sure your event goes off with out a hitch? By avoiding the assumption that everything will go perfectly! Schedule a site visit with your vendor team & have back-up plans for your back-up plans.
•Spread the Word!•
– Utilize social media to build excitement leading up to the event. Also, consider making an email campaign targeted towards fellow vendors to advertise your shindig. On the day/night of the event, make it social with a custom Snapchat filter, a Photobooth, and/or a Live stream. Share those photos & make folks wish they were there! Be sure to check out our Photobooth, here!
•Relax & Stay Awhile•
-Consider adding lounge furniture to your seating options. Not only is it on trend, but guests have the chance to relax & stay awhile rather than being confined to a table and chair set-up. Check out our lounge furniture options to see what all the buzz is about!
•Make it Creative•
-A corporate event doesn’t need to feel like work. Break the mold & create an event that’s fun and interactive. Not only will your guests appreciate it, but you’ll make a lasting impression on fellow vendors & even the competition!
-Alright, you’ve survived and your event was a success! See what your guests thought by conducting a survey and consider giving those who respond, a little reward for taking the time to do so. Talk with your team and gather ideas for future corporate functions plus, see what expectations you all exceeded! This feedback can be invaluable when planning your next event.
Check out this video of the ARA “The Rental Show 2017!”
An outdoor celebration of Winter romance!
Stephanie & Andrew’s wedding left us stunned, amazed, and teary-eyed! It was everything a winter wedding should be- warm, cozy, and full of love. They chose hues of red, & green to create their dream wedding at the gorgeous Bramble Tree Estate in Sorrento, FL. This venue comes proudly equipped with a wide-open outdoor space, perfect for a tent! Stephanie & Andrew were drawn to our Sailcloth tent to host their reception, and equipped it with our market lighting while Florida served up a beautiful sunset! The photos from their wedding speak for themselves as they’re the work of Rudy & Marta Photography! They perfectly captured everything, down to the smallest detail. The mastermind behind the beautiful styling & event design was our good friend, Blue Ribbon Wedding & Event Design!
Here are a few photos from their big day!
Venue: Bramble Tree Estate
Photography: Rudy & Marta
Planning & Styling: Blue Ribbon Wedding & Event Design
Florals: Lisa Simonitis Florals
Catering: Cocktails Catering
Cake: Party Flavors Custom Cakes
Makeup & Hair: Moriah Brandon’s Salon
DJ & Entertainment: Roeshink Entertainment
Tent & Rentals: Orlando Wedding and Party Rentals
A preview event to the Winter Park Wedding Stroll!
Our warehouse got a special makeover for the Winter Park Wedding Stroll- Preview Event! Styled by Michele Butler Events, our warehouse transformed into a cool hang-out spot, perfect for showcasing our buzz-worthy products. With help from some of our friendors we boogied & ate some delicious food. We certainly know how to throw a party, it was a blast! Be sure to RSVP for the Winter Park Wedding Stroll happening on February 19th!
Here are some of Damon Tucci’s photos from the event!
Styling: Michele Butler Events
Photography: Damon Tucci
Florals: Lee Forrest Design
Catering: Arthur’s Catering
Sweets & Treats: Sprinkles Custom Cakes