Take a peek at this bohemian affair!Read More
Yes, oranges are somewhat involved.
Whether you’re a Florida native or you made Florida your home later in life, there are a lot of fun ways you can incorporate the sunshine state into your big day!
1. Native Plants
Whether it’s a flower you had in your backyard as a kid or your favorite garden shrubs in your current yard, adding some native Florida plants will surely tie in your roots.
2. Sports & Colleges
Maybe you met your S.O. at a sporting event or while sitting in a lecture hall at school, or maybe you watch every single game together- either way, you can totally incorporate that history and love into your big day! We know you own a ton of their apparel… Wear it as your getting ready attire for some unique and sentimental wedding photos you’ll always adore.
3. Paper Goods
Table numbers, seating charts, invitations, oh my!
4. Theme Park Inspo
We live in the land of roller-coaster rides and magical castles. If you obsess over a fairy tale princess or epic superhero, try incorporating that theme into your wedding. You can make it obvious or subtle.
5. Beach Vibes
Florida is a tropical paradise! Instead of floral centerpieces or accents, try using tropical branches or palm leaves. It’ll be like a day at the beach!
6. Oranges, duh.
We couldn’t leave those Florida oranges out. They can be really charming and fun decor items!
Featured Vendors: Capen House, Arthur’s Catering, Blue Ribbon Weddings, Dream Designs Florist, Emiley Jones Photography, Light House Bridal, Thirty Three and a 3rd Photography, Lake Nona Country Club, 28 North Photography, Bluegrass Chic Weddings, Our Dj Rocks, Le Petit Sweet, Dishie Rentals, BBJ Linen, 1010 West, Jeane Cognac Designs, Over the Top Rental Linens, Bake Me a Cake Orlando, Something New Bridal Boutique, Paradise Cove, The Lemons Photo, Your Runway Events, Brandon Kari Productions, Atmosphere Floral, Florida Candy Buffets, Meister Productions, Downtown Design Orlando, Leslie Vega Design, Paper Goat Post, Get Lit Pro, Vine and Light, LRW Events
Feature Products: Farm Table, Farm Sweetheart Table, Clear Tent, Bamboo Folding Chair, Gold Candelabra, Gold Rimmed Glass Charger Plate, Gold Chiavari Chairs, White Tent, Gold Acrylic Charger Plates, Natural Wood Folding Chairs
Important factors to consider for your Florida wedding
Getting a tent for your wedding might seem like a clear decision or it may have never crossed your mind. Either way, at OWPR, we have some strong opinions about the importance of tents. We have 10 years of expertise in dealing with outdoor weddings. These experiences have led us to see the good, the bad and the ugly. With that being said, we are altogether pro-tent.
And so, here are four compelling reasons why you should consider a tent for your wedding day:
We live in Florida.
- Outdoor weddings are stunning and provide a distinct atmosphere compared to an indoor wedding. With that being said, Florida is known for its warm… well let’s be honest, hot weather. A tent can provide barrier from the direct sunlight. This elegant shelter keeps it cool, without tragically changing everything you’ve imagined for your wedding day. Consider adding on cooling units and fans to provide relief for those dog days of summer.
YEAH, it’s Florida.
- We all know the weather is unpredictable here in the Sunshine state. We’ve seen it a million times: a perfect day turns quickly into monsoon season without warning. If you’re superstitious, rain on your wedding day is great! But, if not everyone feels like singing in the rain.. Keeping a tent on the rental back-burner may just save you and your guests from a fortuitous downpour.
They create a happy medium.
- If you’ve been on Pinterest recently, you’ve seen the hot trends: dangling greenery/florals, hanging lights/chandeliers, and swooped drapery. They’re usually limited to use in an indoor space. With a tent, these mostly indoor decor items become possible outdoors! Tents create the perfect happy medium between an indoor and an outdoor space.
They’re a perfect backdrop!
- We may be biased, but we think tents are a stunning addition to a wedding. If you’re excited for all the wedding photos then you should know that tents are extremely photogenic. Take a look in our product photo gallery to see how people, furniture and decor all come alive under the big-top.
Yes, there are a million pinterest-y (yup, that’s an adjective around here) decor items to turn your tent into a dream. Here are some handy-dandy items we believe make a tent a TEN outta ten.
- Chandeliers and market lights add some necessary luminosity to the night.
- Portable cooling units and Outdoor space heaters keep your tent at a comfortable temperature.
- Restroom trailers that are equipped with all of the comforts of home. Private residences and some outdoor venues don’t always have the necessary facilities to conduct a lot of business.
- Tent flooring can give your Jimmy Choo’s some stability that even Miranda Priestly would approve of.
Featured Vendors: Rebecca Read Photography, Bramble Tree Estate, Rudy & Marta Photography, Photo Guy Oh My, Cocktails Catering, Blue Ribbon Weddings, Anna Christine Events, Flower No. 5, Get Lit Productions, Arthur’s Catering, Blast Productions, Party Flavor Custom Cakes, Tara Libby Photography, At Last Weddings, Dazzling Deco, Photobooth Rocks, Casa Feliz, Peddles Florist, Classern String Quartet, Sprinkles Custom Cakes, M.U.A.H. Makeup and Hair, Treasury Rentals