In preparation for Fall, we put together this fall-themed photoshoot with the help of our newest arrivals! Check it out.Read More
See what’s trending for 2019!Read More
Four Tips For Renting Like A Pro During The Holidays
Happy Holidays! It’s the happiest time of year; Gatherings are being planned and cheer is in the air. Want to know how you can rent event furniture- like a pro? Keep reading, to see our top 4 tips for renting during the holidays!
A Home for the Holidays
One of the major benefits of renting event furniture for your holiday gathering, is that your abode will be styled to the nines without the added need of storage. Plus, you and your guests will be able to share a meal over a beautiful tablescape- one that’s sure to be brought up at next year’s gathering!
Some items to consider renting for your holiday shindig:
- Charger plates
- Vintage mismatched china
- Banquet tables and Linens
- Specialty seating
- Dessert Stands
Be proactive- don’t wait for the new year (like most of your resolutions).
It’s a busy time of year- not just for holiday parties, but weddings too! This means availability is going faster than you can say santa. Early bird gets the worm, so we suggest submitting your wishlist at least two weeks before your event. Remember, items such as tents will need to be given more advance notice! Also, since it is busy season: we might experience higher call volumes, therefore we recommend submitting your requests either via email or our website’s wishlist form!
Be flexible with the delivery / pick up / drop off date!
This tip is crucial! We love the holidays and our staff does too. In celebration, we close up shop on certain holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc). This may result in certain days leading up to your holiday event being unavailable for delivery or pick up. To secure your preferred delivery time/day (etc), try to book your items well in advance! We understand that last-minute parties happen (can we get an invite?), so we’ll work with you to schedule a drop off / pick up time that’s convenient for you and fits within our holiday delivery schedule.
Understand the pick-up procedures!
While we allow some items to be picked up from our warehouse, there are a few ground rules to follow. We know… sorry! Prior to your pick up date, our office staff will go over all the things you’ll need to know and do! One thing to plan for: is having a covered vehicle, such as a SUV or compact car. This allows for whatever you’re picking up to be secured and not in danger of falling out onto a roadway. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions regarding our pick up procedures!
Photos from: sarahshermansamuel.com
A Modern Bohemian [Rhapsody]
We’ve got modern bohemian vibes on the brain!
Recently, we took part in a modern bohemian wedding inspiration photoshoot at the gorgeous Art & History Museum- Maitland. This venue is jam-packed with old-world charm and Mayan Revival architecture from the 1940’s. Melanie Paige Events was inspired by the grounds, and transformed the Chapel and Courtyard space into a modern-boho dream!
Bohemian design meets acrylic details with this ceremony and reception set up. Our ghost chairs have a weightlessness to them, allowing the architecture to speak for itself, while creating a modern & cool effect. For the tablescape, our 8ft acrylic table kept things from appearing heavy as it was adorned with floral and geometric charger plates from Treasury Rentals. Our ghost chairs were transitioned from the ceremony space to the mock reception, keeping a consistent look.
To infinity and beyond!
We are absolutely in love with how our Infinity arch was transformed! While it’s beautiful on its own, we can’t help but be obsessed with the hanging pieces and statement floral.
And can we talk about the dress for a moment?! The fringe, wow. The crochet / lace detailing, WOW. Stunning!
Boho vibes aren’t all teepee’s and deserts. You can truly make this design style you’re own- especially being in Florida, where there are no deserts… obviously. We love the idea of mixing in modern details because it’s like you’re getting the best of both worlds! The key to a bohemian [rhapsody] is a care-free attitude and some fringe (which never hurt anyone!).
Check out some of the photos from this ‘shoot, below!
Vendors: Melanie Paige Events, Art & History Museum- Maitland, Dani Nichol Photography, Olivia Bowen Bridal, Fern & Curl Designs, Sassy A La Mode, Treasury Rentals, Makeup with Samantha Hart, Sandy Tucker Hair
Brides and grooms contact OWPR about their rentals at every stage of the wedding planning process. We know that the first step of the wedding planning process is always choosing your wedding venue.
We reached out to Shannon Tarrant, founder of WeddingVenueMap.com, an Orlando wedding venue search engine to help explain why the venue is the place to start:
I understand what it feels like. Your partner asked you to marry you and you said YES! Hopefully, you took some time to celebrate being engaged before rushing into wedding planning. If you are like most, you’ve maybe already created an inspiration board with ideas and wants (on Pinterest maybe). This board likely contains different color combinations, unique details and a few tablescapes.
There are no rules to what order you HAVE to book your wedding vendors in. You do need to remember that there are two questions that everyone you contact or speak with is going to ask you: 1 – what is your wedding date and 2 – what is your wedding venue??
Why do they ask about the date?
Your actual wedding date will be determined by the wedding venue that you choose. While you may have a preferred date in mind, of times couples tend to be more flexible if their venue of choice isn’t available of there is a different date that may save $$$. So, other vendors want to make sure you have a final date selected to make sure they are available.
Why does the wedding venue matter?
Oh there are so many reasons. Each venue has it’s benefits and challenges for different vendors. Let’s say you choose an all outdoor venue, the DJ may have to bring a pop up tent for cover in case of bad weather. Or you rent a photobooth at a venue with stairs and no ramp or elevator. The details are important for vendors to get you accurate pricing information.
Knowing your wedding venue is the most important factor for a rental company. Here are 8 reasons why you should book your wedding venue before your rentals:
- What is already included in your wedding venue rental? Every venue is completely different. Some hotels include ballroom chairs that you might love, while other event centers have chivari chairs as their standard chair. You don’t want to contract for something like a dance floor that is already included from your venue at no additional cost.
- What are the rules for outside rentals? Some venues have contracted relationships with specific rental companies. They may limit where you can get additional items like tents or chargers from.
- Is your wedding venue cool or warm color tones? If your venue has burgundy and gold carpet, navy blue linens with silver chairs might not look right. By selecting the space first, you can design around the look you’ve chosen.
- Do they handle the rentals for you? An extra service many venues provide is taking care of the rentals for you. They have created partnerships with just a few companies that know their property, location and rules. By handling the contracting, payments, and final counts, you only have to tell your venue you want gold chivari chairs and the rest is taken care of.
- Does your wedding venue include or require a wedding planner? Each planner has relationships with their preferred rental company which usually includes negotiated rates. By working through your wedding planner, you may be able to save in your budget to upgrade something else.
- Indoor or outdoor? If you haven’t finalized the venue, then you don’t really know for sure where your ceremony or reception is going to take place. Chairs that work well in a carpeted ballroom might sink into the grass or scratch hardwood floors.
- Who is the rental company on your venue’s preferred vendors list? Your wedding venue has usually done the work for you. This is really helpful for rentals when it’s time to talk about the logistics of things like delivery times. The venue trusts these companies implicitly and can often show examples of how these wedding rentals will look in the space.
- What does your venue look like? Your rental decor should compliment and not compete with the venue you’ve contracted. Industrial versus rustic are two totally different vibes which would require different styles of rentals.
To ensure that your wedding rentals look at home in your venue, it’s important for your rental company to understand your vision, learn your style, see the space and provide items that not only look good but provide a function.
Rentals are the perfect opportunity to really customize your wedding venue and make it your own. Whether you want to dive into the details of choosing every item or leave the design up to them, the goal is always for your wedding day rentals to enhance what is already included from your venue.
Shannon Tarrant is the Founder of WeddingVenueMap.com. She is an experienced wedding catering and venue sales manager with over 15 years of helping couples create a lifetime of wedding memories. Search through all of Orlando’s wedding venues and define what is important to you.
Wedding Venue Map Contact Information: