A Modern Bohemian [Rhapsody]
We’ve got modern bohemian vibes on the brain!
Recently, we took part in a modern bohemian wedding inspiration photoshoot at the gorgeous Art & History Museum- Maitland. This venue is jam-packed with old-world charm and Mayan Revival architecture from the 1940’s. Melanie Paige Events was inspired by the grounds, and transformed the Chapel and Courtyard space into a modern-boho dream!
Bohemian design meets acrylic details with this ceremony and reception set up. Our ghost chairs have a weightlessness to them, allowing the architecture to speak for itself, while creating a modern & cool effect. For the tablescape, our 8ft acrylic table kept things from appearing heavy as it was adorned with floral and geometric charger plates from Treasury Rentals. Our ghost chairs were transitioned from the ceremony space to the mock reception, keeping a consistent look.
To infinity and beyond!
We are absolutely in love with how our Infinity arch was transformed! While it’s beautiful on its own, we can’t help but be obsessed with the hanging pieces and statement floral.
And can we talk about the dress for a moment?! The fringe, wow. The crochet / lace detailing, WOW. Stunning!
Boho vibes aren’t all teepee’s and deserts. You can truly make this design style you’re own- especially being in Florida, where there are no deserts… obviously. We love the idea of mixing in modern details because it’s like you’re getting the best of both worlds! The key to a bohemian [rhapsody] is a care-free attitude and some fringe (which never hurt anyone!).
Check out some of the photos from this ‘shoot, below!
Vendors: Melanie Paige Events, Art & History Museum- Maitland, Dani Nichol Photography, Olivia Bowen Bridal, Fern & Curl Designs, Sassy A La Mode, Treasury Rentals, Makeup with Samantha Hart, Sandy Tucker Hair
A Stylish & Sweet Wedding Reception You’re Sure to Swoon Over.
Erin and Chelsea got married on a perfect day in March. With a team of amazing vendors and a strong vision, the wedding was sure to be gorgeous.
They picked some of our vintage furniture to use as chic lounge pieces. They also chose vintage sweetheart chairs as their thrones for the evening. All the vintage furniture made for gorgeous portraits as individuals, and as newlyweds. There wedding had an array of colors, including blush, soft blue, gold, burgundy, green and mustard. Although unexpected, these all melted together in the most beautiful way. The eclectic feel of the pieces they chose paired perfectly with the history and architecture of the Art and History Museums-Maitland. Not to mention, Erin’s Mom and Stepdad got married there 20 years ago- so adorable right?
View more photos from the wedding below!
A few fun facts about the couple:
- Erin was Miss Missouri 2016, as well as the first openly gay beauty queen to compete in Miss America!
- They have been together for 6 years!
- They live in St. Louis but try and spend as much time in Orlando as possible!
- They’re obsessed with their cats.
- They participate in a sand volleyball league.
- Chelsea’s top three tips for a successful marriage are Communication, Trust, and Lust.
Read even more about Erin & Chelsea on the Steph Grant Photography website where she interviews them 2 months following their wedding!
- Designer & Coordinator: Blue Ribbon Weddings
- Photographer: Steph Grant Studios
- Floral: Gatherer Floral Co
- Venue: Art and History Museums – Maitland
- Music & Entertainment: Our Dj Rocks
- Hair & Makeup: Flawless Makeup & Hair & About Face Design Team
- Dress: Calvet Couture Bridal Boutique
- Cake: Sofelle Cake Artistry
- Linens: BBJ Linen
- Catering: Arthur’s Catering