Swoon-Worthy Songs For Your First Dance Out On The Dance Floor
Since we started working from home full-time, we’ve had ample time to stock our music playlists with catchy tunes, and basically turn our homes into our own personal concert halls… With wedding season fast approaching, we thought it’d be fun to share some of our favorite lovey-dovey songs that will turn your first dance into a cinematic masterpiece worthy of the best rom-coms!
01. “I Get To Love You” by Ruelle
Kicking things off with a quintessential wedding song! This ballad is “an honest reflection” of your person coming into your life at the perfect time.
02. “She Lit A Fire” by Lord Huron
A jig for folk-loving couples!
03. “Opus 23” by Dustin O’Halloran
“Opus 23” is a lovely 3 1/2 minute piano solo that’s ideal for a simple spin out on the dance floor.
04. “Golden Hour” by Kacey Musgraves
A tune that takes its time, for the couple that likes to move at their own pace.
05. “I Believe In A Thing Called Love” by Branches
Yes, this is a banjo-toting cover of the song by the same name, originally headlined by The Darkness – but with fewer aliens and white bodysuits. This upbeat tune begs for a group dance!
06. “Always Remember Us This Way” by Noelle Johnson
Grab a tissue and hold your loved one tight!
07. “Love You For A Long Time” by Maggie Rogers
A love ditty that you and your partner can bop to!
08. “Poetry” by Wrabel
This song is poetry to our ears! “Poetry” is an ode to finding love in a chaotic world.
09. “Bloom” by The Paper Kites
Undulating guitar, sweet-as-honey vocals, and lyrics you can’t get enough of? Yep, sign us up!
10. “Carry You” by Novo Amor
Novo Amor’s ethereal voice provides the perfect background music for gazing lovingly into your dance partner’s eyes.
11. “Le Cygne” composed by Camille Saint-Saens
Taking a classical turn here, “Le Cygne” encompasses the beauty of a swan floating on the surface of a lake – or it could represent you and your love gliding around the dance floor!
12. “First Dance” composed by The Piano Guys
For the title alone, we had to include it!
13. “My Lover” by Birdtalker
A groovy jingle all about your better half, and the adventures you’ll partake with them.
14. “What They’ll Say About Us” by FINNEAS
An alternative power-ballad fit for 2020.
15. “Best Part of Me” by Ed Sheeran & YEBBA
Is it even a list about love songs if Ed Sheeran isn’t on it?
16. “Grow As We Go” by Ben Platt
This is the type of song that causes you to remember the place, the time, and what you were doing when you first heard it.
17. “Black And White” by Niall Horan
We hear this song and immediately get transported into a rom-com montage…