A Stylish & Sweet Wedding Reception You’re Sure to Swoon Over.
Erin and Chelsea got married on a perfect day in March. With a team of amazing vendors and a strong vision, the wedding was sure to be gorgeous.
They picked some of our vintage furniture to use as chic lounge pieces. They also chose vintage sweetheart chairs as their thrones for the evening. All the vintage furniture made for gorgeous portraits as individuals, and as newlyweds. There wedding had an array of colors, including blush, soft blue, gold, burgundy, green and mustard. Although unexpected, these all melted together in the most beautiful way. The eclectic feel of the pieces they chose paired perfectly with the history and architecture of the Art and History Museums-Maitland. Not to mention, Erin’s Mom and Stepdad got married there 20 years ago- so adorable right?
View more photos from the wedding below!
A few fun facts about the couple:
- Erin was Miss Missouri 2016, as well as the first openly gay beauty queen to compete in Miss America!
- They have been together for 6 years!
- They live in St. Louis but try and spend as much time in Orlando as possible!
- They’re obsessed with their cats.
- They participate in a sand volleyball league.
- Chelsea’s top three tips for a successful marriage are Communication, Trust, and Lust.
Read even more about Erin & Chelsea on the Steph Grant Photography website where she interviews them 2 months following their wedding!
- Designer & Coordinator: Blue Ribbon Weddings
- Photographer: Steph Grant Studios
- Floral: Gatherer Floral Co
- Venue: Art and History Museums – Maitland
- Music & Entertainment: Our Dj Rocks
- Hair & Makeup: Flawless Makeup & Hair & About Face Design Team
- Dress: Calvet Couture Bridal Boutique
- Cake: Sofelle Cake Artistry
- Linens: BBJ Linen
- Catering: Arthur’s Catering
For the love of all things Amazon.
We’re saving you from the Amazon black hole because we knoooow you don’t neeeeed all those items in your cart. We kept it short and sweet with 9 perfect products you can use at your wedding!
1. These delicate Heart Shaped Coasters are sweet, and a sweet deal. Doodle your guests’ names on them for a place card they can take home!
Rave Review: “I am amazed at the fast delivery of this product. The product is of high quality with a great price. I will be ordering more from this vendor.”
2. These Rose Gold Paper Straws, available in 12 additional colors, make every drink a photogenic masterpiece.
Rave Review: “The gold straws were just a beautiful as they were functional! They added the right touch to my daughters Sweet 16 Mocktail Hour!!”
3. This Fujifilm Instax Mini Polaroid Camera makes for a fun alternative to a traditional guest book.
Rave Review: “This is such a cute camera… It only takes about a minute to develop & they’re the size of credit cards. Really cute & it’s fun to write on the bottom with captions!”
4. Keep kids distracted with these fun Wedding Activities that come with scavenger hunts and coloring books!
Rave Review: “Everything we needed for the little ones at our wedding.”
5. This Doggie Bow Tie allows your pup to to take part in your big day, but watch out… they just might steal the show!
Rave Review: “So impressed with this collar!!! I’ve tried little bows and cute collars for my dogs before, and the cuter they are, the flimsier they are, typically…but that is NOT the case here! The bow stays in place and even stays shaped because it has some structure to it.”
6. These Kimono Robes make for the perfect hair and makeup photos with you and you bridesmaids.
Rave Review: “Perfect for my bridesmaids! They were thin and silky (which in Florida is necessary) and great lengths! I had bridesmaids that ranged from 5’2 to 6’0 and each of the sizes I purchased for all 8 bridesmaids were perfect. All of the gemstones were present on each so overall I was very pleased and my gals loved them!”
7. These Hangover Kit Burlap Bags are perfect if your wedding is going to be a big ‘ol party. Add some Aspirin or Pepto Bismol and your guests will thank you later!
Rave Review: “Great bags, durable, and easy to design with HTV.”
8. This Letter Board allows you to create the perfect custom signage that can be used almost anywhere.
Rave Review: “Love this product! The board is made very well, nice and sturdy. Letters are good quality and fit tightly into the board. Much nicer than some store bought letter boards sold elsewhere. It’s perfect for any party event or even just as decoration around the house!
9. These Confetti Balloons are the perfect addition to a fun and trendy wedding!
Rave Review: “These balloons are thick and really nice quality- the confetti really sticks! The solid color balloons are gorgeous too! They have a little shimmer to them.”
*The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.
Thinking Outside of the ~Pink~ Box
We LOVE a good donut: boston creme, maple, glazed, powdered… we could go on. These sugary snacks are just one reason we love donut walls. You’ve probably seen them all over Pinterest. So we thought of some new, creative ways to use these fun, dessert displays!
- They’re super similar to donuts in terms of shape, so they look awesome on the display board! A bagel wall pairs perfectly with a coffee bar at a late night reception or post wedding brunch. YUM!
- Did someone say coffee? After a long night of dancing, your guests deserve some delicious caffenation. Rent some mugs or DIY your wedding emblem on some thrift store finds. Place the mugs on the pegs and display next to the coffee station.
P.S. If you’re guests aren’t caffeine fiends, opt for a tea station!
3. Candy Cane Seating Chart
- Is your wedding during the most wonderful time of the year? If you’re feeling merry and bright, try incorporating some Christmas traditions into your wedding day. Take a candy cane and tie a little ribbon with the guests name and table number. Hang each candy cane from a peg. VOILA! When your guests go to find their seat… they’re greeted with a treat.
4. Hanging Plant Favors
- Give a gift that keeps on growing! We’re talking plants: succulents, cacti, or flowers! Plants are an amazing gift because they’re the perfect mix of decorative and utilitarian. Find a dangling pot, or DIY a fun macrame pot holder and hang it from the peg. Ba-da-bing ba-da-blossom.
5. Shot Seating Chart
- Take a shot and have a seat is our motto for this one! This seating chart is perfect for the couple who wants their wedding to be a big party! First, find a shot glass with a fun little handle (if you want to pre-fill it with spirits– find some lids too). Second, create a fun, little paper sign to display your guest’s name and attached it to the handle/glass. Lastly, hang them from the pegs and get ready to parrtayyy.
Until the big day approaches, use this blog as an excuse to treat yourself. Grab a donut tomorrow morning (or like, right now)… you deserve it.
Important factors to consider for your Florida wedding
Getting a tent for your wedding might seem like a clear decision or it may have never crossed your mind. Either way, at OWPR, we have some strong opinions about the importance of tents. We have 10 years of expertise in dealing with outdoor weddings. These experiences have led us to see the good, the bad and the ugly. With that being said, we are altogether pro-tent.
And so, here are four compelling reasons why you should consider a tent for your wedding day:
We live in Florida.
- Outdoor weddings are stunning and provide a distinct atmosphere compared to an indoor wedding. With that being said, Florida is known for its warm… well let’s be honest, hot weather. A tent can provide barrier from the direct sunlight. This elegant shelter keeps it cool, without tragically changing everything you’ve imagined for your wedding day. Consider adding on cooling units and fans to provide relief for those dog days of summer.
YEAH, it’s Florida.
- We all know the weather is unpredictable here in the Sunshine state. We’ve seen it a million times: a perfect day turns quickly into monsoon season without warning. If you’re superstitious, rain on your wedding day is great! But, if not everyone feels like singing in the rain.. Keeping a tent on the rental back-burner may just save you and your guests from a fortuitous downpour.
They create a happy medium.
- If you’ve been on Pinterest recently, you’ve seen the hot trends: dangling greenery/florals, hanging lights/chandeliers, and swooped drapery. They’re usually limited to use in an indoor space. With a tent, these mostly indoor decor items become possible outdoors! Tents create the perfect happy medium between an indoor and an outdoor space.
They’re a perfect backdrop!
- We may be biased, but we think tents are a stunning addition to a wedding. If you’re excited for all the wedding photos then you should know that tents are extremely photogenic. Take a look in our product photo gallery to see how people, furniture and decor all come alive under the big-top.
Yes, there are a million pinterest-y (yup, that’s an adjective around here) decor items to turn your tent into a dream. Here are some handy-dandy items we believe make a tent a TEN outta ten.
- Chandeliers and market lights add some necessary luminosity to the night.
- Portable cooling units and Outdoor space heaters keep your tent at a comfortable temperature.
- Restroom trailers that are equipped with all of the comforts of home. Private residences and some outdoor venues don’t always have the necessary facilities to conduct a lot of business.
- Tent flooring can give your Jimmy Choo’s some stability that even Miranda Priestly would approve of.
Featured Vendors: Rebecca Read Photography, Bramble Tree Estate, Rudy & Marta Photography, Photo Guy Oh My, Cocktails Catering, Blue Ribbon Weddings, Anna Christine Events, Flower No. 5, Get Lit Productions, Arthur’s Catering, Blast Productions, Party Flavor Custom Cakes, Tara Libby Photography, At Last Weddings, Dazzling Deco, Photobooth Rocks, Casa Feliz, Peddles Florist, Classern String Quartet, Sprinkles Custom Cakes, M.U.A.H. Makeup and Hair, Treasury Rentals
Chic and Magical Wedding Reception!
The Fall vibes are making us feel nostalgic, so we’re throwing it back to Sarah & Andy’s wedding! They were surrounded by family and friends in the heart of Downtown Orlando, on a beautiful sunny day in March. This wedding was nothing short of classic and elegant, meets modern details!
Words from Lisa Stoner: “Sarah wanted a truly magical wedding reception and the hanging floral chandelier , floor to ceiling windows, and the luxe details absolutely delivered!”
View more photos from the Chandler • Snyder Wedding below!
- Designer & Coordinator- Lisa Stoner Events
- Photographer- Kristen Weaver Photography
- Floral- Fairbanks Florist
- Venue: Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts
- Music & Entertainment: DJ Jacob Co
- Videographer- Jeffrey Stoner Video
- Dress: Calvet Couture Bridal Boutique
The stars aligned…
Molly and Chris had the most beautiful wedding ceremony at the lovely Hammock House! The blue sky faded away slowly as the bride and groom shared their first dance, and the stars started to twinkle just as the bride’s father cut in. Love was in the air! Complete with delicious food trucks, and a live performance from Bay King’s Band- Molly, Chris, and their guests danced the night away and had a blast! Check out more of Rudy & Marta’s photos from the big day, below!
Photographer: Rudy & Marta
Venue: Hammock House
Design & Coordination: Orlando Designer Weddings
Videography: Captured by Elle
Florals: Flower Girl Designs
MUA & Hair: Kristy’s Artistry Design Team
Vintage rentals: Runway Collection
Dress: Alfred Angelo Bridal
Caterer: Cocktails Catering
Love is in bloom!
Amelia & Hunter began their Happily Ever After on a Spring day at the Peachtree House. We’ve enjoyed the many events we’ve been a part of at this beautiful venue and are excited for what the future holds for the gorgeous home as it closes it’s doors as a special event venue. This couple’s wedding was a great way to close out one our last events there. The sun was shining, the weather was amazing, and love was in full bloom! Amelia & Hunter opted for a tented reception surrounded by loved ones, who danced the night away on our outdoor dance floor. See for yourself!
Photograper: Debra Eby Photography
Second Photographer: Sarah Sharpe Photography
Coordination & Styling: AATR Weddings
Videography: White in Revery
Florals: Weddings by Carly Ane’s
Linen: Over the Top
Entertainment: A-List Entertainment
Catering & Food: Arthur’s Catering, La Empanada Food Truck
Cake: Party Flavor’s Custom Cakes
Gown & Tux: Lazaro, Ted Baker
Makeup & Hair: Kristy’s Artistry Design Team
Paper Goods: The Aerialist Press
40’x80′ Clear tent & Leg drapes , 16’x20′ Outdoor dance floor, Market lighting & Crystal chandeliers, Giant pedestal fan, Farm tables, Sweetheart farm table, Cocktail tables, Round & Banquet tables, French country chairs, Gold beaded glass charger plates, Gold candelabra, Large gold beaded cake stand
An outdoor celebration of Winter romance!
Stephanie & Andrew’s wedding left us stunned, amazed, and teary-eyed! It was everything a winter wedding should be- warm, cozy, and full of love. They chose hues of red, & green to create their dream wedding at the gorgeous Bramble Tree Estate in Sorrento, FL. This venue comes proudly equipped with a wide-open outdoor space, perfect for a tent! Stephanie & Andrew were drawn to our Sailcloth tent to host their reception, and equipped it with our market lighting while Florida served up a beautiful sunset! The photos from their wedding speak for themselves as they’re the work of Rudy & Marta Photography! They perfectly captured everything, down to the smallest detail. The mastermind behind the beautiful styling & event design was our good friend, Blue Ribbon Wedding & Event Design!
Here are a few photos from their big day!
Venue: Bramble Tree Estate
Photography: Rudy & Marta
Planning & Styling: Blue Ribbon Wedding & Event Design
Florals: Lisa Simonitis Florals
Catering: Cocktails Catering
Cake: Party Flavors Custom Cakes
Makeup & Hair: Moriah Brandon’s Salon
DJ & Entertainment: Roeshink Entertainment
Tent & Rentals: Orlando Wedding and Party Rentals
Jewel tones, Vintage touches, & Beautiful scenery- Oh my!
Let’s hear it for the happy couple! Krystina and Joseph tied the knot at Bella Collina on a perfect December day with a wedding fit to match. Runway Events & Flowers by Lesley styled Bella Collina with jewel-toned décor and vintage pieces from the Runway Collection. Concept Photography hit it out of the park with the STUNNING photos from the big day. We had the honor of providing the rentals for not only their ceremony, but their reception as well! As the sun went down, things heated up as our market lighting shed light on everyone’s silly, but awesome, dance moves. The couple managed to steal some time for themselves to share a private dance. The couple’s send-off was magical as every guest lit a sparkler in cheer. We are so grateful to have been a part of Krystina and Joseph’s happily ever after!
Here’s a look at their big day!
Venue: Bella Collina
Photography: Concept Photography
Styling & Vintage pieces: Runway Events
Flowers: Flowers by Lesley
Signage: Chalk Shop Events
Linens: Over the Top
DJ: A-List DJ Entertainment
Hair & Makeup: Kristy’s Artistry Design Team
Urban meeting spaces for your next event!
Photo: Talke Photography
Here in Orlando, we’re pretty lucky to have so many amazing venues and meeting spaces at our finger tips. Orlando’s venue scene heats up with those that are located in the heart of “The City Beautiful”, downtown Orlando. Downtown O-town is the historic core & business ‘hub’ of Orlando, putting you in the center of it all. When the lights go down, the party gets kicked up a notch! The skyline shines bright via its tall buildings and vibrant atmosphere, perfect for socializing. We’ve compiled a list of venues located downtown that will spark inspiration for your next corporate event & beyond!
Photo: Victoria Angela Photography
Photo: Victoria Angela Photography
Photo: Sophia’s Art Photography
Photo: Tina Craig
Photo: Historic Florida Inns
Photo: Steven Miller Photography
Photo: Kathy Thomas Photography
Photo: Broadway Orlando
Photo: Kristen Weaver Photography
Photo: LH Photography
Photo: Crowne Plaza