From Pin-spiration to Real-Life Perfection
Earlier this week we were pinning away when we came across some gorgeous images (see collage below). We felt immediately transported to the island of Santorini. Of course, we imagined the fresh produce, beautiful homes and breathtaking views. All we wanted to do was hop on a plane and head to Greece. So we did! Just kidding, but we took those greek vibes and transformed them into our own fresh “tablescape” – well actually a “desk-scape” if we’re being literal. We used the Blue Collection from our Vintage Mismatched China in combination with some other vintage pieces. The royal blue and stark white contrasted perfectly, for a fun and fresh look you’re sure to love.
In conclusion… we need a trip to Santorini ASAP. Until then, we’ll just stare at these photos all day long and simply pretend we’re there!
Pastries so tasty, they need their own display!
Our friend Morgan, from Morgan Hunter Desserts, brought some custom cookies and cupcakes into our office. Like the crazy, social media gals we are- we had to get some cute pictures of them. We pulled out our Vintage Dessert Stands and styled them to a tee. It was extremely hard to resist the tasty treats long enough to get some photos. We may have eaten one or two cupcakes along the way… 🙂 We loved getting to see these new products in action! Take a look and try not to drool too much.
We had so much fun getting creative with these gorgeous treats and our dessert stands. We see so many different possibilities for these vintage pieces. Think beyond just desserts! These can be used for all types of food, little trinkets, or accepting cards and gifts. We just can’t wait to see them in action. Oh, the places they’ll go.
Vendors: Morgan Hunter Desserts
Thinking Outside of the ~Pink~ Box
We LOVE a good donut: boston creme, maple, glazed, powdered… we could go on. These sugary snacks are just one reason we love donut walls. You’ve probably seen them all over Pinterest. So we thought of some new, creative ways to use these fun, dessert displays!
- They’re super similar to donuts in terms of shape, so they look awesome on the display board! A bagel wall pairs perfectly with a coffee bar at a late night reception or post wedding brunch. YUM!
- Did someone say coffee? After a long night of dancing, your guests deserve some delicious caffenation. Rent some mugs or DIY your wedding emblem on some thrift store finds. Place the mugs on the pegs and display next to the coffee station.
P.S. If you’re guests aren’t caffeine fiends, opt for a tea station!
3. Candy Cane Seating Chart
- Is your wedding during the most wonderful time of the year? If you’re feeling merry and bright, try incorporating some Christmas traditions into your wedding day. Take a candy cane and tie a little ribbon with the guests name and table number. Hang each candy cane from a peg. VOILA! When your guests go to find their seat… they’re greeted with a treat.
4. Hanging Plant Favors
- Give a gift that keeps on growing! We’re talking plants: succulents, cacti, or flowers! Plants are an amazing gift because they’re the perfect mix of decorative and utilitarian. Find a dangling pot, or DIY a fun macrame pot holder and hang it from the peg. Ba-da-bing ba-da-blossom.
5. Shot Seating Chart
- Take a shot and have a seat is our motto for this one! This seating chart is perfect for the couple who wants their wedding to be a big party! First, find a shot glass with a fun little handle (if you want to pre-fill it with spirits– find some lids too). Second, create a fun, little paper sign to display your guest’s name and attached it to the handle/glass. Lastly, hang them from the pegs and get ready to parrtayyy.
Until the big day approaches, use this blog as an excuse to treat yourself. Grab a donut tomorrow morning (or like, right now)… you deserve it.
Important factors to consider for your Florida wedding
Getting a tent for your wedding might seem like a clear decision or it may have never crossed your mind. Either way, at OWPR, we have some strong opinions about the importance of tents. We have 10 years of expertise in dealing with outdoor weddings. These experiences have led us to see the good, the bad and the ugly. With that being said, we are altogether pro-tent.
And so, here are four compelling reasons why you should consider a tent for your wedding day:
We live in Florida.
- Outdoor weddings are stunning and provide a distinct atmosphere compared to an indoor wedding. With that being said, Florida is known for its warm… well let’s be honest, hot weather. A tent can provide barrier from the direct sunlight. This elegant shelter keeps it cool, without tragically changing everything you’ve imagined for your wedding day. Consider adding on cooling units and fans to provide relief for those dog days of summer.
YEAH, it’s Florida.
- We all know the weather is unpredictable here in the Sunshine state. We’ve seen it a million times: a perfect day turns quickly into monsoon season without warning. If you’re superstitious, rain on your wedding day is great! But, if not everyone feels like singing in the rain.. Keeping a tent on the rental back-burner may just save you and your guests from a fortuitous downpour.
They create a happy medium.
- If you’ve been on Pinterest recently, you’ve seen the hot trends: dangling greenery/florals, hanging lights/chandeliers, and swooped drapery. They’re usually limited to use in an indoor space. With a tent, these mostly indoor decor items become possible outdoors! Tents create the perfect happy medium between an indoor and an outdoor space.
They’re a perfect backdrop!
- We may be biased, but we think tents are a stunning addition to a wedding. If you’re excited for all the wedding photos then you should know that tents are extremely photogenic. Take a look in our product photo gallery to see how people, furniture and decor all come alive under the big-top.
Yes, there are a million pinterest-y (yup, that’s an adjective around here) decor items to turn your tent into a dream. Here are some handy-dandy items we believe make a tent a TEN outta ten.
- Chandeliers and market lights add some necessary luminosity to the night.
- Portable cooling units and Outdoor space heaters keep your tent at a comfortable temperature.
- Restroom trailers that are equipped with all of the comforts of home. Private residences and some outdoor venues don’t always have the necessary facilities to conduct a lot of business.
- Tent flooring can give your Jimmy Choo’s some stability that even Miranda Priestly would approve of.
Featured Vendors: Rebecca Read Photography, Bramble Tree Estate, Rudy & Marta Photography, Photo Guy Oh My, Cocktails Catering, Blue Ribbon Weddings, Anna Christine Events, Flower No. 5, Get Lit Productions, Arthur’s Catering, Blast Productions, Party Flavor Custom Cakes, Tara Libby Photography, At Last Weddings, Dazzling Deco, Photobooth Rocks, Casa Feliz, Peddles Florist, Classern String Quartet, Sprinkles Custom Cakes, M.U.A.H. Makeup and Hair, Treasury Rentals
A preview event to the Winter Park Wedding Stroll!
Our warehouse got a special makeover for the Winter Park Wedding Stroll- Preview Event! Styled by Michele Butler Events, our warehouse transformed into a cool hang-out spot, perfect for showcasing our buzz-worthy products. With help from some of our friendors we boogied & ate some delicious food. We certainly know how to throw a party, it was a blast! Be sure to RSVP for the Winter Park Wedding Stroll happening on February 19th!
Here are some of Damon Tucci’s photos from the event!
Styling: Michele Butler Events
Photography: Damon Tucci
Florals: Lee Forrest Design
Catering: Arthur’s Catering
Sweets & Treats: Sprinkles Custom Cakes