Yes, oranges are somewhat involved.
Whether you’re a Florida native or you made Florida your home later in life, there are a lot of fun ways you can incorporate the sunshine state into your big day!
1. Native Plants
Whether it’s a flower you had in your backyard as a kid or your favorite garden shrubs in your current yard, adding some native Florida plants will surely tie in your roots.
2. Sports & Colleges
Maybe you met your S.O. at a sporting event or while sitting in a lecture hall at school, or maybe you watch every single game together- either way, you can totally incorporate that history and love into your big day! We know you own a ton of their apparel… Wear it as your getting ready attire for some unique and sentimental wedding photos you’ll always adore.
3. Paper Goods
Table numbers, seating charts, invitations, oh my!
4. Theme Park Inspo
We live in the land of roller-coaster rides and magical castles. If you obsess over a fairy tale princess or epic superhero, try incorporating that theme into your wedding. You can make it obvious or subtle.
5. Beach Vibes
Florida is a tropical paradise! Instead of floral centerpieces or accents, try using tropical branches or palm leaves. It’ll be like a day at the beach!
6. Oranges, duh.
We couldn’t leave those Florida oranges out. They can be really charming and fun decor items!
Featured Vendors: Capen House, Arthur’s Catering, Blue Ribbon Weddings, Dream Designs Florist, Emiley Jones Photography, Light House Bridal, Thirty Three and a 3rd Photography, Lake Nona Country Club, 28 North Photography, Bluegrass Chic Weddings, Our Dj Rocks, Le Petit Sweet, Dishie Rentals, BBJ Linen, 1010 West, Jeane Cognac Designs, Over the Top Rental Linens, Bake Me a Cake Orlando, Something New Bridal Boutique, Paradise Cove, The Lemons Photo, Your Runway Events, Brandon Kari Productions, Atmosphere Floral, Florida Candy Buffets, Meister Productions, Downtown Design Orlando, Leslie Vega Design, Paper Goat Post, Get Lit Pro, Vine and Light, LRW Events
Feature Products: Farm Table, Farm Sweetheart Table, Clear Tent, Bamboo Folding Chair, Gold Candelabra, Gold Rimmed Glass Charger Plate, Gold Chiavari Chairs, White Tent, Gold Acrylic Charger Plates, Natural Wood Folding Chairs
For the love of all things Amazon.
We’re saving you from the Amazon black hole because we knoooow you don’t neeeeed all those items in your cart. We kept it short and sweet with 9 perfect products you can use at your wedding!
1. These delicate Heart Shaped Coasters are sweet, and a sweet deal. Doodle your guests’ names on them for a place card they can take home!
Rave Review: “I am amazed at the fast delivery of this product. The product is of high quality with a great price. I will be ordering more from this vendor.”
2. These Rose Gold Paper Straws, available in 12 additional colors, make every drink a photogenic masterpiece.
Rave Review: “The gold straws were just a beautiful as they were functional! They added the right touch to my daughters Sweet 16 Mocktail Hour!!”
3. This Fujifilm Instax Mini Polaroid Camera makes for a fun alternative to a traditional guest book.
Rave Review: “This is such a cute camera… It only takes about a minute to develop & they’re the size of credit cards. Really cute & it’s fun to write on the bottom with captions!”
4. Keep kids distracted with these fun Wedding Activities that come with scavenger hunts and coloring books!
Rave Review: “Everything we needed for the little ones at our wedding.”
5. This Doggie Bow Tie allows your pup to to take part in your big day, but watch out… they just might steal the show!
Rave Review: “So impressed with this collar!!! I’ve tried little bows and cute collars for my dogs before, and the cuter they are, the flimsier they are, typically…but that is NOT the case here! The bow stays in place and even stays shaped because it has some structure to it.”
6. These Kimono Robes make for the perfect hair and makeup photos with you and you bridesmaids.
Rave Review: “Perfect for my bridesmaids! They were thin and silky (which in Florida is necessary) and great lengths! I had bridesmaids that ranged from 5’2 to 6’0 and each of the sizes I purchased for all 8 bridesmaids were perfect. All of the gemstones were present on each so overall I was very pleased and my gals loved them!”
7. These Hangover Kit Burlap Bags are perfect if your wedding is going to be a big ‘ol party. Add some Aspirin or Pepto Bismol and your guests will thank you later!
Rave Review: “Great bags, durable, and easy to design with HTV.”
8. This Letter Board allows you to create the perfect custom signage that can be used almost anywhere.
Rave Review: “Love this product! The board is made very well, nice and sturdy. Letters are good quality and fit tightly into the board. Much nicer than some store bought letter boards sold elsewhere. It’s perfect for any party event or even just as decoration around the house!
9. These Confetti Balloons are the perfect addition to a fun and trendy wedding!
Rave Review: “These balloons are thick and really nice quality- the confetti really sticks! The solid color balloons are gorgeous too! They have a little shimmer to them.”
*The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.
Thinking Outside of the ~Pink~ Box
We LOVE a good donut: boston creme, maple, glazed, powdered… we could go on. These sugary snacks are just one reason we love donut walls. You’ve probably seen them all over Pinterest. So we thought of some new, creative ways to use these fun, dessert displays!
- They’re super similar to donuts in terms of shape, so they look awesome on the display board! A bagel wall pairs perfectly with a coffee bar at a late night reception or post wedding brunch. YUM!
- Did someone say coffee? After a long night of dancing, your guests deserve some delicious caffenation. Rent some mugs or DIY your wedding emblem on some thrift store finds. Place the mugs on the pegs and display next to the coffee station.
P.S. If you’re guests aren’t caffeine fiends, opt for a tea station!
3. Candy Cane Seating Chart
- Is your wedding during the most wonderful time of the year? If you’re feeling merry and bright, try incorporating some Christmas traditions into your wedding day. Take a candy cane and tie a little ribbon with the guests name and table number. Hang each candy cane from a peg. VOILA! When your guests go to find their seat… they’re greeted with a treat.
4. Hanging Plant Favors
- Give a gift that keeps on growing! We’re talking plants: succulents, cacti, or flowers! Plants are an amazing gift because they’re the perfect mix of decorative and utilitarian. Find a dangling pot, or DIY a fun macrame pot holder and hang it from the peg. Ba-da-bing ba-da-blossom.
5. Shot Seating Chart
- Take a shot and have a seat is our motto for this one! This seating chart is perfect for the couple who wants their wedding to be a big party! First, find a shot glass with a fun little handle (if you want to pre-fill it with spirits– find some lids too). Second, create a fun, little paper sign to display your guest’s name and attached it to the handle/glass. Lastly, hang them from the pegs and get ready to parrtayyy.
Until the big day approaches, use this blog as an excuse to treat yourself. Grab a donut tomorrow morning (or like, right now)… you deserve it.
Important factors to consider for your Florida wedding
Getting a tent for your wedding might seem like a clear decision or it may have never crossed your mind. Either way, at OWPR, we have some strong opinions about the importance of tents. We have 10 years of expertise in dealing with outdoor weddings. These experiences have led us to see the good, the bad and the ugly. With that being said, we are altogether pro-tent.
And so, here are four compelling reasons why you should consider a tent for your wedding day:
We live in Florida.
- Outdoor weddings are stunning and provide a distinct atmosphere compared to an indoor wedding. With that being said, Florida is known for its warm… well let’s be honest, hot weather. A tent can provide barrier from the direct sunlight. This elegant shelter keeps it cool, without tragically changing everything you’ve imagined for your wedding day. Consider adding on cooling units and fans to provide relief for those dog days of summer.
YEAH, it’s Florida.
- We all know the weather is unpredictable here in the Sunshine state. We’ve seen it a million times: a perfect day turns quickly into monsoon season without warning. If you’re superstitious, rain on your wedding day is great! But, if not everyone feels like singing in the rain.. Keeping a tent on the rental back-burner may just save you and your guests from a fortuitous downpour.
They create a happy medium.
- If you’ve been on Pinterest recently, you’ve seen the hot trends: dangling greenery/florals, hanging lights/chandeliers, and swooped drapery. They’re usually limited to use in an indoor space. With a tent, these mostly indoor decor items become possible outdoors! Tents create the perfect happy medium between an indoor and an outdoor space.
They’re a perfect backdrop!
- We may be biased, but we think tents are a stunning addition to a wedding. If you’re excited for all the wedding photos then you should know that tents are extremely photogenic. Take a look in our product photo gallery to see how people, furniture and decor all come alive under the big-top.
Yes, there are a million pinterest-y (yup, that’s an adjective around here) decor items to turn your tent into a dream. Here are some handy-dandy items we believe make a tent a TEN outta ten.
- Chandeliers and market lights add some necessary luminosity to the night.
- Portable cooling units and Outdoor space heaters keep your tent at a comfortable temperature.
- Restroom trailers that are equipped with all of the comforts of home. Private residences and some outdoor venues don’t always have the necessary facilities to conduct a lot of business.
- Tent flooring can give your Jimmy Choo’s some stability that even Miranda Priestly would approve of.
Featured Vendors: Rebecca Read Photography, Bramble Tree Estate, Rudy & Marta Photography, Photo Guy Oh My, Cocktails Catering, Blue Ribbon Weddings, Anna Christine Events, Flower No. 5, Get Lit Productions, Arthur’s Catering, Blast Productions, Party Flavor Custom Cakes, Tara Libby Photography, At Last Weddings, Dazzling Deco, Photobooth Rocks, Casa Feliz, Peddles Florist, Classern String Quartet, Sprinkles Custom Cakes, M.U.A.H. Makeup and Hair, Treasury Rentals
Today’s blog post is brought to by Cara with Eventbrite! She’s sharing four tips that’ll guarantee a successful event- no matter the occasion!
The planning process for any kind of event is undoubtedly challenging. From catering and a venue, to guest lists and entertainment, there are lots of decisions to be made. With these tips, you’ll be able to conquer any planning difficulties!
Before any planning begins, it’s important to sit down and decide how much money you are able to spend on the event in total; a financial “blueprint.” Weddings and corporate events have different kinds of expenses, and having a clear understanding of which you need to spend on will be crucial when hiring vendors. Really think this step through, as there are many things that are easily overseen during the planning process – from vendors and venues, to parking arrangements and security. Having all of these things accounted for and in order will ensure the day goes as smoothly as possible. If planning a wedding, consider your non-negotiables. When planning a corporate event, think long and hard about the group you intent to have in attendance. Is music and entertainment most important to your audience, or could they do with some light background music and a playlist created internally by your team? Another vendor trick is asking if they offer options for submitting payments in advance to avoid having every bill due right before or day-of your big event.
Start planning earlier than you may think necessary-
Once you have a budget in place, create a prioritized list of dates you’d like to hold your event. Don’t wait to check the availability of venues, also most vendors won’t be able to quote pricing for their services until they know where the event is being held and on what date. There are certainly a lot of moving pieces involved in planning an event – so as soon as you narrow down a venue, look into caterers, rental companies, photographers, florists and entertainers as soon as possible. It is likely that not everyone you like best will be available on the date you have chosen, and that’s where the prioritized list mentioned before comes in handy. To help with this planning process, there are many checklists catering specifically toward weddings and corporate events alike that can make your life easier. Even if you don’t want to rely on a checklist entirely, they are great resources for double checking to ensure you have everything in order to make sure your day goes off without a hitch!
Your venue is booked, your caterer and entertainment are chosen and things are starting to really come together! The next thing to worry about is getting your audience informed and excited. In this day and age, there’s no better way to reach an audience for all sorts of events than online. If planning a wedding, important things to accomplish online are creating a registry, inviting people to view it, and organizing accommodations via a unique wedding website (or consider building your own wedding website!). The attendance of a public event often relies heavily on spreading word through online registration platforms, where organizers can create an event page and share information to find the right demographic. Through online marketing and social media, events can easily reach people who are looking for events similar to theirs and brand-new fans. Use social media strategies such as creating facebook pages, creating an official event hashtag, create a content calendar and update it with posts and create a formal agreement with event partners to share information on their social media channels as well. Combining all of these online tactics will ensure your event is seen by a large audience.
Engage and interact with your audience-
Once the event is underway, the most important thing for your attendees to do is have fun! Draw your audience in by reaching out beforehand to inform everyone of an official hashtag, to start a conversation on blogs and social media, and more. For weddings, couple-specific hashtags are huge for blending people on both sides of the wedding party and sparking excitement for the future bride and groom. For corporate events, if attendees post photos and include the provided hashtag, interact with them by commenting or reposting from your own social channels. Also consider incorporating live polls throughout the event to receive direct feedback on what people are enjoying or questions they may have. Whatever you can do to spark interaction throughout the crowd will help with the tone of the entire event and promote your brand on the interwebs. Once the day has run its course, provide the attendees with an opportunity to give feedback as well, or best wishes. One of the most important elements of event planning is evaluation and it is far too often forgotten. If you want to determine how successful your event is, collect feedback from participants through online evaluation forms that can be short and anonymous to learn what people want to see more of.
First off, Happy Holidays! In the spirit of all things merry & bright, we turned our warehouse dock into a mini photo studio to create a just in the ole’ Saint Nick of time tablescape.
As your family and friends gather near, we know that all you hosts & hostesses out there must be wondering if your decor is up to par. So, to get your house up to snuff you’re probably googling and searching for the latest trends (are we right?) and you’re losing your jingle bells with all the inspiration that’s out there- Pinterest we’re lookin’ at you.
The reasoning behind our mini photo-sesh is one we think everyone can sympathize with- what the mistletoe are we to do if we love everything we see on Pinterest?! Therefore, we rose merrily on high to bring to you a tablescape that combines some of the lastest trends that are sleigh riding all over the inter-webs. Design-ception.
In our tablescape we combined touches of rustic, minimalism, glam, and vintage to illustrate that you don’t have to choose! Plus, this little creative project of ours brought about the perfect opportunity to show off our newest, and boldest seating additions. Our new King Louis Chairs are just what Santa ordered for bold, and festive holiday parties- or any ole’ party really (they’re not picky).
–Please note: no elves were harmed in the making of numerous holiday puns.
For our table setting we used rich colors, crisp whites, and glitter for a bit of glam! We believe the key to combining different styles/aesthetics is to use elements of the same color, for instance: a red china plate and cranberries in the centerpiece, a green & black plaid napkin and black king louis chairs, also gold accents and gold king louis chairs. This makes for a cohesive look!
–Check out those Heart & Hand napkin rings though <3
Special thanks to The Flower Studio for the beautiful greenery! Be sure to check out all of the products we featured by perusing these links: farm table, silver glitter charger plates, gold flatware, vintage mismatched china & mugs, vintage milk vases, hedge walls, black king louis chairs, gold king louis chairs, and take a look at our clear king louis chairs!
At the beginning of the month, we had the pleasure of working with a great team of vendors for this *spooky* styled-shoot at the fab 1010 West! We’ve been saving this blog post all month and now that Halloween is around the corner, we can’t wait any longer. The inspo was “spooky + offbeat in an elevated way” – Love Like Ours Photography. Together, this team *scared away* cheesy decorations and made sure to pick up “hitchhikng ghosts” named sophistication and romance! Get ready for more Halloween puns (can you blame us?) and more photos from this edgy shoot!
- Venue: 1010 West
- Photographer: Love Like Ours
- Design, Floral & Model: Passe Designs (Jena & Chris)
- Cake: Sweet Flours
- Hair + Makeup: Dash and Opal Beauty
“Ghosts Who Love to Socialize!”
Happy Halloween from the OWPR fam!
Chic and Magical Wedding Reception!
The Fall vibes are making us feel nostalgic, so we’re throwing it back to Sarah & Andy’s wedding! They were surrounded by family and friends in the heart of Downtown Orlando, on a beautiful sunny day in March. This wedding was nothing short of classic and elegant, meets modern details!
Words from Lisa Stoner: “Sarah wanted a truly magical wedding reception and the hanging floral chandelier , floor to ceiling windows, and the luxe details absolutely delivered!”
View more photos from the Chandler • Snyder Wedding below!
- Designer & Coordinator- Lisa Stoner Events
- Photographer- Kristen Weaver Photography
- Floral- Fairbanks Florist
- Venue: Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts
- Music & Entertainment: DJ Jacob Co
- Videographer- Jeffrey Stoner Video
- Dress: Calvet Couture Bridal Boutique
We had the absolute honor & pleasure of being a part of a very special event- Jared’s Luau. While some of us at OWPR unfortunately didn’t get to meet Jared, his sister Rebekkah is a dear friend of ours. Jared’s Luau was founded as a tribute to Jared, as well as a chance to pay it forward- all proceeds from ticket sales and the silent auction were donated to the Serra family and The Ronald McDonald House.
“Jared loved Iron Man, and was a laid-back kid. I figured the best way to honor his memory was to celebrate his life and throw a party!” – Rebekkah
Check out photos from the event below, and slow your scroll at the end to view a video by Brandon Kari Productions!
The Lemons Photo, Runway Events & Collection, Brandon Kari Productions, Paradise Cove, Atmospheres Floral & Decor, Two Sweets Bake Shop, Florida Candy Buffets, Meister Productions, FREE DAPS, Hair by Frankie Rosado, Paper Goat Post, GET LIT Productions, Arthur’s Catering, Downtown Design Orlando, Leslie Vega Design
Times are a-changin’ and we couldn’t be happier! We’re falling in love with unexpected as more and more couples are getting creative and including non-traditional elements into their wedding days. Here are few unique elements we’ve seen floating around the inter-webs that we’re obsessed with!
Say Yes to the Statement Dress!
Accessories: Bouquets, Jewelry, & More!
Photographer credits: (L to R) Andi Mans/ The Branch Orlando, Christina Janel Photography, Josh & Rachel Best Photography, Andi Mans/ The Branch Orlando| featured: ivory pipe and drape, gold chiavari chairs
Fun Foods & Crafty Cocktails