There’s no excuse NOT to go all out for Valentine’s Day!Read More
See what’s trending for 2019!Read More
Check out these lounge furniture ideas!Read More
Four Tips For Renting Like A Pro During The Holidays
Happy Holidays! It’s the happiest time of year; Gatherings are being planned and cheer is in the air. Want to know how you can rent event furniture- like a pro? Keep reading, to see our top 4 tips for renting during the holidays!
A Home for the Holidays
One of the major benefits of renting event furniture for your holiday gathering, is that your abode will be styled to the nines without the added need of storage. Plus, you and your guests will be able to share a meal over a beautiful tablescape- one that’s sure to be brought up at next year’s gathering!
Some items to consider renting for your holiday shindig:
- Charger plates
- Vintage mismatched china
- Banquet tables and Linens
- Specialty seating
- Dessert Stands
Be proactive- don’t wait for the new year (like most of your resolutions).
It’s a busy time of year- not just for holiday parties, but weddings too! This means availability is going faster than you can say santa. Early bird gets the worm, so we suggest submitting your wishlist at least two weeks before your event. Remember, items such as tents will need to be given more advance notice! Also, since it is busy season: we might experience higher call volumes, therefore we recommend submitting your requests either via email or our website’s wishlist form!
Be flexible with the delivery / pick up / drop off date!
This tip is crucial! We love the holidays and our staff does too. In celebration, we close up shop on certain holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc). This may result in certain days leading up to your holiday event being unavailable for delivery or pick up. To secure your preferred delivery time/day (etc), try to book your items well in advance! We understand that last-minute parties happen (can we get an invite?), so we’ll work with you to schedule a drop off / pick up time that’s convenient for you and fits within our holiday delivery schedule.
Understand the pick-up procedures!
While we allow some items to be picked up from our warehouse, there are a few ground rules to follow. We know… sorry! Prior to your pick up date, our office staff will go over all the things you’ll need to know and do! One thing to plan for: is having a covered vehicle, such as a SUV or compact car. This allows for whatever you’re picking up to be secured and not in danger of falling out onto a roadway. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions regarding our pick up procedures!
Photos from: sarahshermansamuel.com
Brides and grooms contact OWPR about their rentals at every stage of the wedding planning process. We know that the first step of the wedding planning process is always choosing your wedding venue.
We reached out to Shannon Tarrant, founder of WeddingVenueMap.com, an Orlando wedding venue search engine to help explain why the venue is the place to start:
I understand what it feels like. Your partner asked you to marry you and you said YES! Hopefully, you took some time to celebrate being engaged before rushing into wedding planning. If you are like most, you’ve maybe already created an inspiration board with ideas and wants (on Pinterest maybe). This board likely contains different color combinations, unique details and a few tablescapes.
There are no rules to what order you HAVE to book your wedding vendors in. You do need to remember that there are two questions that everyone you contact or speak with is going to ask you: 1 – what is your wedding date and 2 – what is your wedding venue??
Why do they ask about the date?
Your actual wedding date will be determined by the wedding venue that you choose. While you may have a preferred date in mind, of times couples tend to be more flexible if their venue of choice isn’t available of there is a different date that may save $$$. So, other vendors want to make sure you have a final date selected to make sure they are available.
Why does the wedding venue matter?
Oh there are so many reasons. Each venue has it’s benefits and challenges for different vendors. Let’s say you choose an all outdoor venue, the DJ may have to bring a pop up tent for cover in case of bad weather. Or you rent a photobooth at a venue with stairs and no ramp or elevator. The details are important for vendors to get you accurate pricing information.
Knowing your wedding venue is the most important factor for a rental company. Here are 8 reasons why you should book your wedding venue before your rentals:
- What is already included in your wedding venue rental? Every venue is completely different. Some hotels include ballroom chairs that you might love, while other event centers have chivari chairs as their standard chair. You don’t want to contract for something like a dance floor that is already included from your venue at no additional cost.
- What are the rules for outside rentals? Some venues have contracted relationships with specific rental companies. They may limit where you can get additional items like tents or chargers from.
- Is your wedding venue cool or warm color tones? If your venue has burgundy and gold carpet, navy blue linens with silver chairs might not look right. By selecting the space first, you can design around the look you’ve chosen.
- Do they handle the rentals for you? An extra service many venues provide is taking care of the rentals for you. They have created partnerships with just a few companies that know their property, location and rules. By handling the contracting, payments, and final counts, you only have to tell your venue you want gold chivari chairs and the rest is taken care of.
- Does your wedding venue include or require a wedding planner? Each planner has relationships with their preferred rental company which usually includes negotiated rates. By working through your wedding planner, you may be able to save in your budget to upgrade something else.
- Indoor or outdoor? If you haven’t finalized the venue, then you don’t really know for sure where your ceremony or reception is going to take place. Chairs that work well in a carpeted ballroom might sink into the grass or scratch hardwood floors.
- Who is the rental company on your venue’s preferred vendors list? Your wedding venue has usually done the work for you. This is really helpful for rentals when it’s time to talk about the logistics of things like delivery times. The venue trusts these companies implicitly and can often show examples of how these wedding rentals will look in the space.
- What does your venue look like? Your rental decor should compliment and not compete with the venue you’ve contracted. Industrial versus rustic are two totally different vibes which would require different styles of rentals.
To ensure that your wedding rentals look at home in your venue, it’s important for your rental company to understand your vision, learn your style, see the space and provide items that not only look good but provide a function.
Rentals are the perfect opportunity to really customize your wedding venue and make it your own. Whether you want to dive into the details of choosing every item or leave the design up to them, the goal is always for your wedding day rentals to enhance what is already included from your venue.
Shannon Tarrant is the Founder of WeddingVenueMap.com. She is an experienced wedding catering and venue sales manager with over 15 years of helping couples create a lifetime of wedding memories. Search through all of Orlando’s wedding venues and define what is important to you.
Wedding Venue Map Contact Information:
A Perfect Touch of Personalization
We are head over heels for all things lucite! From ghost chairs to an acrylic sweetheart table, there are so many gorgeous options to choose from. One reason we are so obsessed: because they add a unique dimension to any space! The clear characteristics are modern and have the WOW-factor you want. Yet, that same clear element frames everything else in the space.
These chairs are also the perfect blank slate for a little personalization. With a little help from an amazing calligrapher… you can totally customize a White King Louis or Ghost Chair! Whether it’s your name, your guests’ names, or something cute like “hubby and “wifey”- you can totally add that personal touch to your seating.
Featured Products: White King Louis Chairs
Thinking Outside of the ~Pink~ Box
We LOVE a good donut: boston creme, maple, glazed, powdered… we could go on. These sugary snacks are just one reason we love donut walls. You’ve probably seen them all over Pinterest. So we thought of some new, creative ways to use these fun, dessert displays!
- They’re super similar to donuts in terms of shape, so they look awesome on the display board! A bagel wall pairs perfectly with a coffee bar at a late night reception or post wedding brunch. YUM!
- Did someone say coffee? After a long night of dancing, your guests deserve some delicious caffenation. Rent some mugs or DIY your wedding emblem on some thrift store finds. Place the mugs on the pegs and display next to the coffee station.
P.S. If you’re guests aren’t caffeine fiends, opt for a tea station!
3. Candy Cane Seating Chart
- Is your wedding during the most wonderful time of the year? If you’re feeling merry and bright, try incorporating some Christmas traditions into your wedding day. Take a candy cane and tie a little ribbon with the guests name and table number. Hang each candy cane from a peg. VOILA! When your guests go to find their seat… they’re greeted with a treat.
4. Hanging Plant Favors
- Give a gift that keeps on growing! We’re talking plants: succulents, cacti, or flowers! Plants are an amazing gift because they’re the perfect mix of decorative and utilitarian. Find a dangling pot, or DIY a fun macrame pot holder and hang it from the peg. Ba-da-bing ba-da-blossom.
5. Shot Seating Chart
- Take a shot and have a seat is our motto for this one! This seating chart is perfect for the couple who wants their wedding to be a big party! First, find a shot glass with a fun little handle (if you want to pre-fill it with spirits– find some lids too). Second, create a fun, little paper sign to display your guest’s name and attached it to the handle/glass. Lastly, hang them from the pegs and get ready to parrtayyy.
Until the big day approaches, use this blog as an excuse to treat yourself. Grab a donut tomorrow morning (or like, right now)… you deserve it.
Important factors to consider for your Florida wedding
Getting a tent for your wedding might seem like a clear decision or it may have never crossed your mind. Either way, at OWPR, we have some strong opinions about the importance of tents. We have 10 years of expertise in dealing with outdoor weddings. These experiences have led us to see the good, the bad and the ugly. With that being said, we are altogether pro-tent.
And so, here are four compelling reasons why you should consider a tent for your wedding day:
We live in Florida.
- Outdoor weddings are stunning and provide a distinct atmosphere compared to an indoor wedding. With that being said, Florida is known for its warm… well let’s be honest, hot weather. A tent can provide barrier from the direct sunlight. This elegant shelter keeps it cool, without tragically changing everything you’ve imagined for your wedding day. Consider adding on cooling units and fans to provide relief for those dog days of summer.
YEAH, it’s Florida.
- We all know the weather is unpredictable here in the Sunshine state. We’ve seen it a million times: a perfect day turns quickly into monsoon season without warning. If you’re superstitious, rain on your wedding day is great! But, if not everyone feels like singing in the rain.. Keeping a tent on the rental back-burner may just save you and your guests from a fortuitous downpour.
They create a happy medium.
- If you’ve been on Pinterest recently, you’ve seen the hot trends: dangling greenery/florals, hanging lights/chandeliers, and swooped drapery. They’re usually limited to use in an indoor space. With a tent, these mostly indoor decor items become possible outdoors! Tents create the perfect happy medium between an indoor and an outdoor space.
They’re a perfect backdrop!
- We may be biased, but we think tents are a stunning addition to a wedding. If you’re excited for all the wedding photos then you should know that tents are extremely photogenic. Take a look in our product photo gallery to see how people, furniture and decor all come alive under the big-top.
Yes, there are a million pinterest-y (yup, that’s an adjective around here) decor items to turn your tent into a dream. Here are some handy-dandy items we believe make a tent a TEN outta ten.
- Chandeliers and market lights add some necessary luminosity to the night.
- Portable cooling units and Outdoor space heaters keep your tent at a comfortable temperature.
- Restroom trailers that are equipped with all of the comforts of home. Private residences and some outdoor venues don’t always have the necessary facilities to conduct a lot of business.
- Tent flooring can give your Jimmy Choo’s some stability that even Miranda Priestly would approve of.
Featured Vendors: Rebecca Read Photography, Bramble Tree Estate, Rudy & Marta Photography, Photo Guy Oh My, Cocktails Catering, Blue Ribbon Weddings, Anna Christine Events, Flower No. 5, Get Lit Productions, Arthur’s Catering, Blast Productions, Party Flavor Custom Cakes, Tara Libby Photography, At Last Weddings, Dazzling Deco, Photobooth Rocks, Casa Feliz, Peddles Florist, Classern String Quartet, Sprinkles Custom Cakes, M.U.A.H. Makeup and Hair, Treasury Rentals
Today’s blog post is brought to by Cara with Eventbrite! She’s sharing four tips that’ll guarantee a successful event- no matter the occasion!
The planning process for any kind of event is undoubtedly challenging. From catering and a venue, to guest lists and entertainment, there are lots of decisions to be made. With these tips, you’ll be able to conquer any planning difficulties!
Before any planning begins, it’s important to sit down and decide how much money you are able to spend on the event in total; a financial “blueprint.” Weddings and corporate events have different kinds of expenses, and having a clear understanding of which you need to spend on will be crucial when hiring vendors. Really think this step through, as there are many things that are easily overseen during the planning process – from vendors and venues, to parking arrangements and security. Having all of these things accounted for and in order will ensure the day goes as smoothly as possible. If planning a wedding, consider your non-negotiables. When planning a corporate event, think long and hard about the group you intent to have in attendance. Is music and entertainment most important to your audience, or could they do with some light background music and a playlist created internally by your team? Another vendor trick is asking if they offer options for submitting payments in advance to avoid having every bill due right before or day-of your big event.
Start planning earlier than you may think necessary-
Once you have a budget in place, create a prioritized list of dates you’d like to hold your event. Don’t wait to check the availability of venues, also most vendors won’t be able to quote pricing for their services until they know where the event is being held and on what date. There are certainly a lot of moving pieces involved in planning an event – so as soon as you narrow down a venue, look into caterers, rental companies, photographers, florists and entertainers as soon as possible. It is likely that not everyone you like best will be available on the date you have chosen, and that’s where the prioritized list mentioned before comes in handy. To help with this planning process, there are many checklists catering specifically toward weddings and corporate events alike that can make your life easier. Even if you don’t want to rely on a checklist entirely, they are great resources for double checking to ensure you have everything in order to make sure your day goes off without a hitch!
Your venue is booked, your caterer and entertainment are chosen and things are starting to really come together! The next thing to worry about is getting your audience informed and excited. In this day and age, there’s no better way to reach an audience for all sorts of events than online. If planning a wedding, important things to accomplish online are creating a registry, inviting people to view it, and organizing accommodations via a unique wedding website (or consider building your own wedding website!). The attendance of a public event often relies heavily on spreading word through online registration platforms, where organizers can create an event page and share information to find the right demographic. Through online marketing and social media, events can easily reach people who are looking for events similar to theirs and brand-new fans. Use social media strategies such as creating facebook pages, creating an official event hashtag, create a content calendar and update it with posts and create a formal agreement with event partners to share information on their social media channels as well. Combining all of these online tactics will ensure your event is seen by a large audience.
Engage and interact with your audience-
Once the event is underway, the most important thing for your attendees to do is have fun! Draw your audience in by reaching out beforehand to inform everyone of an official hashtag, to start a conversation on blogs and social media, and more. For weddings, couple-specific hashtags are huge for blending people on both sides of the wedding party and sparking excitement for the future bride and groom. For corporate events, if attendees post photos and include the provided hashtag, interact with them by commenting or reposting from your own social channels. Also consider incorporating live polls throughout the event to receive direct feedback on what people are enjoying or questions they may have. Whatever you can do to spark interaction throughout the crowd will help with the tone of the entire event and promote your brand on the interwebs. Once the day has run its course, provide the attendees with an opportunity to give feedback as well, or best wishes. One of the most important elements of event planning is evaluation and it is far too often forgotten. If you want to determine how successful your event is, collect feedback from participants through online evaluation forms that can be short and anonymous to learn what people want to see more of.
All Collage Photos: In Style Imagery
These days- Corporate events are testing boundaries, breaking the mold, and are becoming more than just your average “employee Christmas party.” Companies host Corporate bashes to show appreciation to their employees, to showcase new products, and to launch their brand on to the interwebs. So here’s the sitch; we’ve seen companies hire vendors to plan & create a magical event, but they didn’t hire a professional photographer… Say what?! Don’t let your hard work go un-photographed. We spoke to In Style Imagery and Steven Miller Photography about why you should have your next corporate event professionally photographed!
In Style Imagery
You worked hard, capture it all!
From the carefully chosen venue and decor to the entertainment and staging, professional photos will showcase all of the planning and feel of your event. We know you have spent time and a balanced budget planning to perfection; professional images will show it all off!
Your special guests and attendees are important!
You will want images of the CEO, President, VIP’s, and guest speakers interacting and engaged with your attendees. Is there a special guest or key notes peaker? A professional photographer who specializes in events will be aware of the key guests. Your photographers will be sure to capture all the moments exchanged, speeches, or awards given.
Boost company culture through images!
Your attendees will be excited to see the images captured featuring them while they mingle with colleagues, receive an award, or get special one to one time with your company executives and VIP’s. They will feel the importance of their
contributions and know they are valued members of the group.
Foster vendor relationships!
If your event has a strong vendor presence, images of the participants will be highly appreciated. The vendors who are contributing as sponsors will love getting professional images of their displays and company representatives interacting with the guests.
Create excitement after the event and create marketing for next year!
After your event the lasting memories are in your photographs. Sharing the photos are a great time for everyone who was there to relive the event. Next year, pull those professional photos back out to remind everyone of the experience and get them excited to attend again!
One of our annual clients orders a surprise for their award winners. A professional image printed and matted arrives after the event as an extra thank you. Their staff loves the photograph, and they have something tangible to proudly display at their desk.
Steven Miller Photography
The right photographer will present your company in the best light…pun intended!
When capturing the event, it is important to not only document the event, but also be able to have a solid set of pictures to promote next years event! Conference attendees are often visual learners and they rely on the pictures from your event to make their final decision!
Hiring a professional photographer also allows the event organizers to be at ease and focus on their task at hand!
A professional event photographer will likely have photographed plenty of events before and know what settings to use, how to stay unobtrusive, and capture flattering pictures of people in a wide variety of lighting conditions that events have!
A professional photographer is able to provide a set of images that the attendees can look back at and enjoy!
Professional photographers are able to put their subjects at ease during corporate events! Many times we have had to capture CEOs, celebrities, and attendees who are shy and we had a split second to make sure they are conformable in front of the camera! This in turn captures a better picture and a more enjoyable experience at your event!
A little bit about In Style Imagery-
Olivia Ginn is a photographer and owner of In Style Imagery based in Orlando. As the President of the Professional Photographers Society of Central Florida, a member of the PPA, she leads her team in photographing corporate events, headshots, and commercial portrait sessions. Olivia and her team provide full photography coverage in the Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, and St. Augustine markets.
A little bit about Steven Miller Photography-
They have been photographing weddings and events for almost five years, and are proud to have various cities and landscapes around the country in their portfolio! Steven Miller Photography specializes in both local and international weddings, engagement sessions, corporate and sporting events, professional head shots, family sessions, and modeling. They take pride in extremely down-to-earth customer service throughout the entire client relationship.