This week, we are so excited to feature the brilliant Amanda Schmidt, Owner/Editor of Orange Blossom Bride. Orange Blossom Bride, the ultimate wedding resource for Central Florida brides, has just broken ground. Featuring local vendors, blogs, inspiration and tips, as well as local events, this site will serve as a very beneficial tool for brides in the Central Florida area. Amanda has had huge success in this industry prior to the startup of her website, as she is also the Owner of Timeless Charm, a rental company specializing in vintage and antiques. It was a pleasure getting to know Amanda, and what led her to bring this astonishing idea to life.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am a wife and mother of 2 wonderful kiddos, antique and wedding junkie, and I am originally from New Orleans, LA so I guess it is in my blood to love a good celebration.
2. What inspired you to start up Orange Blossom Bride?
I had been in the wedding industry for almost a year with my vintage rental company, Timeless Charm. I enjoyed following the national blogs but it seemed like they were always featuring weddings with landscapes that we just don’t have here in Central Florida. When I realized that there weren’t any wedding blogs just for the Central Florida bride, a light bulb went off! We also have so many great vendors in the area, I wanted to showcase their beautiful work for local brides to see.
3. When did you launch your website?
We officially launched the blog on January 20th, 2016.
4. Where did your passion for weddings begin?
From growing up watching movies like Father of the Bride and Steel Magnolias (I mean who doesn’t love the colors blush and bashful) to spending hours with my cousin planning and rehearsing our future weddings, I have loved weddings since I was a little girl. As I grew up, I began to really appreciate the meaning behind a wedding. There is just something about seeing the love and happiness a couple shares on their wedding day. It’s truly beautiful!
5. What should brides expect when visiting your website?
When brides visit Orange Blossom Bride, they will find local Central Florida venues, vendors, inspiration, and real weddings, along with great ideas and tips, for their big day. We also offer a list of local bridal shows and showcases.
6. What sets your website apart from other resources available for brides (websites, magazines, wedding expos, etc.)?
What makes our blog unique is that we only accept and post photography from local Central Florida photographers and only in our areas, so brides will be able to get inspiration from locations that they could actually have their wedding and vendors that they can actually hire.
7. Do you have any advice for newly engaged brides?Enjoy this time! Wedding planning can get crazy and stressful but its so important to step back every once in a while and remember that this is a celebration of the love the two share. Everything will fall into place and your day will be beautiful!
Check it out!