Here in Central Florida we are insanely lucky to have sunny days most of the year and quaint little towns full of history & things to do. Not only is our warehouse located in Central Florida, but many of our team members call this area home! We’re starting a new blog series titled, “City Spotlights,” to highlight these towns that make Central Florida the place to be. We’ll begin with Winter Park, a hub of culture and entertainment!
Chartered in 1887, the city was originally developed as a winter resort for Northerners seeking refuge from harsh winters and looking for a tranquil place to relax. Originating as Lakeview in 1858, Winter Park eventually got its name from a conversation between founders, Loring Chase and Oliver Chapman, who wanted the name to be something about a park in Winter- clever!
What to do:
- Visit a Museum. Winter Park has over twenty to choose from- visit their website for a complete list!
- Go to an Art festival! The weekend of March 18th, the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival will be hosted on Park Ave. from 9am-6pm!
- It’s pedestrian friendly so, grab a bike or take a stroll downtown! You can even take a scenic boat tour. (Featured image: Michelle Merril)
- Visit a Park. With ‘park’ being in the name, you better believe there is a park to visit- more than ten to be exact!
- Get hitched! With plenty of venues to choose from, there’s a place for everyone- visit their website for a complete list.
In no particular order, here are a few venues we love to visit in Winter Park!
Photo Cred: Nelson Photography
Photo Cred: Vitalic Photo
Let us know what you think about this new series, and what town we should feature next!